KUWADERNO.COM

Different Genres.

One Name.

One Soul.

One Addicition.

KUWADERNO.COM

Different Genres.

One Name.

One Soul.

One Addicition.

Blog Post

NegOr now has only 1 positive case of COVID-19

March 14, 2021 Uncategorized

DUMAGUETE CITY, June 15 (PIA) — Negros Oriental now only has one active case of COVID-19 infection.

Negros Oriental Assistant Provincial Health Officer and Hospital Incident Command System Commander Dr. Liland Estacion giving updates on the number of COVID-19 recoveries in the province in an interview with PIA on June 13, 2020 at the Integrated Provincial Health Office, Dumaguete City. (JCT/PIA7-NegOr)

This after the Provincial Inter-Agency Task Force – Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF – EID) reported some recoveries over the weekend.

On June 13, Assistant Provincial Health Officer and Hospital Incident Command System Commander Dr. Liland Estacion announced five individuals who earlier tested positive for COVID-19 are now cleared from the infection based on the results of swab tests that came out June 12, 2020.

The five individuals are the following: 11-year old female from Sibulan; 58-year old male from Vallehermoso; 42-year old male from Mabinay; 25-year old male from Mabinay; and 39-year old female from Dumaguete City.

Estacion said she already informed the City/Municipal Health Officers in the said local government units (LGUs) it is now up to the LGUs when to release those individuals who are staying in a government-designated isolation or quarantine facility.

All of them were earlier identified to be asymptomatic.

However, Estacion said these individuals must undergo strict home quarantine for seven days for further mornitoring.

Meanwhile, on June 14, the Provincial IATF, through the Provincial Public Information Office, disclosed that the 10 “pescadors” or fishermen who arrived in the province last month and were confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 have also recovered.

Like the first batch of recovered individuals reported on Saturday, all the 10 fishermen were also found to be asymptomatic.

The announcement was made through the Provincial Government of Negros Oriental’s official Facebook page.

The Provincial IATF is currently waiting for the results of the confirmatory test of one pescador from Bindoy.

The 11 fishermen are part of the 164 who returned to the province on May 17 after two months of fishing expedition in Palawan.

They were immediately separated from each other and placed in a government isolation facility after they were found to be positive for COVID-19. 

The rest of them were placed in a government-designated quarantine facility and were discharged on June 12 after completing 21 days of quarantine.

A total of 18 confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection were recorded in Negros Oriental during the early part of June.

These include the 13 pescadors and those persons in Dumaguete City, Sibulan, Vallehermoso, and Mabinay.

Most of them are Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs).

On the other hand, Estacion noted that contact tracing for the individuals in the said LGUs have been completed for the towns of Mabinay, Sibulan, and Vallehermoso.

Estacion cited that even the medical workers who attended to the COVID-19 recovered individual in Vallehermoso town were swabbed and results of their swab test were negative.

However, contact tracing in Dumaguete City must be widened.

Estacion explained that the Integrated Provincial Health Officers (IPHO) is still determining where the 39-year old female might have contracted the virus.

The assistant provincial health officer disclosed there are reports which state she had acquired the virus at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital (NOPH).

It was noted that the patient was rushed to NOPH on May 23 after experiencing shortness of breath.

Swab samples were taken from her on May 26.

She was discharged from the hospital on May 29 while waiting for the results of the swab test, after which she was placed on home quarantine from May 29 to June 3. S

She was announced to be positive for COVID-19 on June 4.

Estacion did not confirm if the incident was a case of local transmission, noting that for that to happen there must be an exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 patient.

Ilang pagtuo sa NOPH pero katong duha na kauban niya sa kwarto negative  (They believe she got it from NOPH but her roommates in the ward were negative from the infection),” Estacion said.

She also added that swab samples were also taken from the doctor and medical workers, especially those assigned at the Covid ward of NOPH, and they were also found to be negative from the infection.

Still, the IPHO will continue to trace people who made contact with the COVID-19 patient while also investigating source of her infection.

A report from the City Public Information Office also revealed the patient’s final diagnosis was community acquired pneumonia-moderate risk, congestive heart failure, and dysfunctional uterine menstruation while her husband and child have tested negative for COVID-19 infection. (ral/PIA7-Negros Oriental)

source https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1044778

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: